Back to Nature
Southern California offers many back to nature getaways. You can hike to a secluded area for some peace and quiet. You can take the kids to the park for some fun and games or some light fishing. You can go to the nearby beaches to stroll next to the waves, or take the plunge and enjoy some swimming and surfing. You can go to the mountains to hike or play with the snow.
This section will provide information about some of those activities. See the sub-topics for more detailed descriptions.
- Sun, Sand & Surf: The Ultimate Guide To Orange County Beaches
- Afoot & Afield Orange County: A Comprehensive Hiking Guide
- 101 Hikes in Southern California: Exploring Mountains, Seashore and Desert
- Oak Canyon Nature Center, Anaheim
- Crystal Cove - El-Moro Canyon
- Salt Creek
- Ralph B Clark Regional Park
- Grifith Observatory Trails
- Monrovia Falls
- Barbara's Lake.
- Huntington Beach (Surf city)
- Newport Beach: Big Corona Beach
- Laguna Beach: Main beach
- Laguna Beach: Crystal Cove
- Laguna Beach: Salt Creek.
- Anaheim: Yorba Regional Park
- Anaheim: Brookhurst Community Park
- Anaheim: Pearson Park
- Buena Park: Clark Regional Park
- Orange: Irvine Park
- El Toro: Orange County Great Park.
Back to nature articles: